Wednesday, December 1, 2010

At night I sleep with my blankets over my face so I can suffocate myself in warmth.

I'm wearing my Korean faux Victoria's Secret velour track pants (which are faux Juicy Couture velour track pants), men's socks that are too big for my feet, my favorite hoodie with hood up, while under the covers of my bed. I'm freezing. Earlier in the day I burritoed myself in a down throw on the couch, hovering over my cup of tea, while sending out emails. This really makes me want to invest some dinero in a Snuggie. Yes, I did just link that. Don't be embarrassed to click on it. You know you want one.

I think I never really warmed up from this morning's shower. Damn it, I hate it when you have to keep adjusting the water temperature while showering because by the time you rinse the conditioner out of your hair, the water's turned bloody cold. I try to keep reminding myself that hot showers are a luxury and stop bitching, Nora. But f me, whenever that happens I spend the rest of the day intermittently shivering without control.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I would like to thank all of the geese who have sacrificed their feathers so that we could stuff them into North Face jackets and comforters.

***

Just a little update. My roommate finally found the I-think-I-can littlest space heater I have ever seen that's been hiding in my closet. The sound of that tiny hobbit of a heater hissing away to warm up my frostbitten toes is the most beautiful sound I have heard in a very long time. Tonight I slumber.

***

Another update. BAH I forgot that when it gets cold, my nose freaks out and I get nosebleeds. I have a wad of Kleenex stuffed up my nostril right now. In high school, every morning when I hopped into the shower, my nose would start bleeding like clockwork. Whatthehell.

No comments:

Post a Comment