Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hi, can you show me your sausage?

I have always loved the image of the girl walking down the street with a bag of groceries (paper, obvi) precariously balanced in her arms while she struggles to find her keys as she gets to her apartment door. I'm pretty sure the reason why I live in a city is so I can play the recurring role of Girl with Paper Bag Groceries. I always buy the damn carrots just so that I can have them sticking out the top. In Brussels it was the baguette. And now I feel like I should run into the street, twirl, and throw my hat into the air. I might just make it, afterall.

If you're looking for some nice eye candy while you're grocery shopping, go to Falletti's. I don't know who does the hiring there, but I take my time at the meat counter whenever I go there. I'm not trying to be cute. Seriously, the men behind the meat counter are all really hot. I curse myself whenever I stop in there b/c I'll catch a glimpse of myself in the glass of the frozen foods section and 9/10 times, I look a hot mess. I'm not imagining the hot factor either--all the people I've asked agree that Falletti's has got some good-looking staff. Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever seen an ugly customer there, either. Falletti's is this weird bizarro world where everyone looks like James Franco and buys organic. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment